SOMALIA NATIONAL COMMUNICATION AUTHORITY (NCA) RELEASES TYPE APPROVAL GUIDELINE
In September 2018, Somalia National Communication Authority (NCA) released Type Approval Guidelines for Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE).
The referred to Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE) that require Type Approval include (but are not limited to):
- Terminal equipment (Mobile handsets, Tablets, PDAs, Telephone sets, IP Phones, Mobile Dongles, etc.)
- Short Range Radio Devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC Readers, RFID, etc.)
- Radio Transceivers (Broadcast Equipment, Satellite Equipment, Base Stations, etc.)
- Network Equipment (BSCs, MSCs, PSTN Switches, Media gateways, Servers, Switches, Routers, Modems, PBX, tracking devices, etc.)
NCA only processes applications of RTTEs which have already obtained Type Approval Certificate from a National Regulatory Authority (NRA) recognized by NCA showing that the RTTE complies with the required technical standards.
The following list of National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) are recognized by NCA and Type Approval Certificates granted by these NRAs can be used as Certificate of Compliance. NCA will update the list of recognized NRAs in regular bases.
- All NRAs from EU Member states
- Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA), UAE
- Communications Authority (CA), Kenya
- Information and Communications Technology Authority, Turkey