INDIA (BIS) – SMART REGISTRATION
Effective May 20, 2019
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has launched Smart Registration. Here are details of the new registration process.
- Applicants need to generate a “Test Request” from CRS website for getting their product tested by BIS recognized labs.
- Labs will be able to accept samples for testing only when accompanied with Test Request.
- After completion of testing, BIS recognized labs would be able to upload the test report on CRS website through their login.
- The uploaded test report will be available to BIS once an application is submitted online using the test report. BIS will not seek hard copy of test reports uploaded on the portal.
Timeline for Smart Registration is:
- May 17, 2019 – Last date of registration by BIS recognized labs on Smart Registration portal.
- May 20, 2019 – Opening of Smart Registration (Online Test Request generation for submitting sample to BIS recognized labs)
INDIA (MeitY) – CLARIFICATION OF MULTI-FUNCTION DEVICES (MFDs)
Effective May 2, 2019
The Government of India, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has clarified that the Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) which are printers with additional features like photocopy, scan, fax etc covered in the category “Printers, Plotters”.
INDIA (BIS) – APPLICABILITY OF IS 16333 (Part 3) SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Effective May 1, 2019
Products like smart watch, mobile computer (ADPM) etc. are provided with SIM and aided with text input facility.
- These products will be accepted under respective product category notified by Meity, i.e. “Smart Watch” or ADPM, and Registration shall be granted to the product under the category for which it has been notified without seeking compliance to Indian language support as per IS 16333 (part 3).
- This issues with the approval of competent authority.
INDIA (WPC) – GRANT OF EQUIPMENT TYPE APPROVAL (ETA) THROUGH SELF-DECLARATION ON SARAL SANCHAR PORTAL
Effective May 1, 2019
WPC has introduced ETA through Self-Declaration for certain categories of wireless equipment operating in license exempt bands with low transmission power and which are exempted form import licensing requirement as per Import Policy of DGFT. Online facility for obtaining ETA through self-declaration has been enabled on Saral Sanchar Portal of DoT.
Applicants are required to apply online for obtaining ETA/import for products falling under the category of “ETA through self-declaration”.
The following items falls under self-declaration:
- Mobile Handsets,
- Smart Phones,
- Electronic Notepads,
- Smart Watches,
- Short Range Devices,
- Speakers, Head Phones, Ear Phones,
- Printers, Scanners and Camera
All products other than listed above need to be type approved prior to import.