Vietnam (MIC) - New Technical Regulations
Vietnam (MIC) has officially released National Technical Regulations and according Circulars for implementation of QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT, QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT, QCVN 112:2020/BTTTT. The new National Technical Regulations shall enter in force from July 1, 2021.
- Will impact all the products which have Wi-Fi or Zigbee (Laptop, tablet, mobile phone, access point, Wi-Fi router, other devices having Wi-Fi connection, smarthome Zigbee products, etc)
- All test reports according to the former version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Devices will need to re-test according to 2020 version
- QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT will not only replace QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT but also replaces QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT for WIFI products having Tx power over 100mW EIRP but equal or less than 200mW EIRP (such as Access Points)
- Will impact SRD operated in 1GHz – 40GHz bands like 2.4GHz RFID / SRD, 24 GHz radar (RFID, SRD radar detector)
- SRD for non-specific application using 5725 ~ 5850 MHz bands will fall within the scope of these regulations. Meanwhile 5725 ~ 5850 MHz Wi-Fi products shall still be under scope of the QCVN 65
- Will impact LoRa / LPWAN products
- This regulation does not apply to LPWAN products using IMT licensed frequencies bands
- The frequency allowed is only 920-923 MHz
Important changes include:
- All test reports according to version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Customers need to re-test according to the 2020 version.
- All Type Approval certificates which list QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT need to be renewed or add-in QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT / QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT to maintain validity for importation
- MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to the new standards in order to get test reports accepted by MIC Vietnam for the new standards