Vietnam (MIC) - New Draft Technical QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT
Effective July 1, 2021
The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) has released the new drafts of technical regulations on RF requirement for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Zigbee and 1GHz ~ 40GHz SRD.
QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT are available for public comments.
- Test limits and test methods:
QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07)
QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 440 V2.2.1(2018-07)
- Major Impacts:
- All test report according to former version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Customer needs to re-test according to 2020 version.
- All Type Approval certificate which lists QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT, need to be renewed or add-in QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT / QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT to maintain validity for importation.
- MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to new standards in order to get test reports accepted by MIC Vietnam for the new standards.
- MRA test report must be at least according to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07) or ETSI EN 300 440 V2.2.1(2018-07) version in order to be accepted for TA certification. MRA test report according to former versions shall be rejected.
- Impacted product categories:
5.1 Impacted by QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT:
All the products which have Wi-Fi or Zigbee (laptop, tablet, mobile phone, access point, Wi-Fi router, other kinds of products having Wi-Fi connection, smarthome Zigbee products etc.)
5.2 Impacted by QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT:
SRD operated in 1GHz – 40GHz bands like 2.4GHz RFID / SRD, 24 GHz radar etc. (except for Wi-Fi, BT, Zigbee or other kinds of products which a more specific technical regulation has been applied)
Both draft national technical regulations QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT are aimed to be implemented by July 1, 2021 and impacts shall be enforced on the same day. MIC will list the new versions QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT on the new circular to regulate list of products under mandatory TA and SDoC (similar to Circular 05/2019/TT-BTTTT) which shall be issued on March or April 2021.