Vietnam (MIC) - New Draft Technical QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT
Effective July 1, 2021
The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) has released the new drafts of technical regulations on RF requirement for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Zigbee and 1GHz ~ 40GHz SRD.
QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT are available for public comments.
- Test limits and test methods:
QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07)
QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 440 V2.2.1(2018-07)
- Major Impacts:
(1) All test report according to former version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Customer needs to re-test according to 2020 version.
(2) All Type Approval certificate which lists QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT, need to be renewed or add-in QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT / QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT to maintain validity for importation.
(3) MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to new standards in order to get test reports accepted by MIC Vietnam for the new standards.
(4) MRA test report must be at least according to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07) or ETSI EN 300 440 V2.2.1(2018-07) version in order to be accepted for TA certification. MRA test report according to former versions shall be rejected.
(5) Impacted product categories:
5.1 Impacted by QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT:
All the products which have Wi-Fi or Zigbee (laptop, tablet, mobile phone, access point, Wi-Fi router, other kinds of products having Wi-Fi connection, smarthome Zigbee products etc.)
5.2 Impacted by QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT:
SRD operated in 1GHz – 40GHz bands like 2.4GHz RFID / SRD, 24 GHz radar etc. (except for Wi-Fi, BT, Zigbee or other kinds of products which a more specific technical regulation has been applied)
Both draft national technical regulations QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT are aimed to be implemented by July 1, 2021 and impacts shall be enforced on the same day. MIC will list the new versions QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT and QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT on the new circular to regulate list of products under mandatory TA and SDoC (similar to Circular 05/2019/TT-BTTTT) which shall be issued on March or April 2021.