United Kingdom UKCA Mark
Effective March 29, 2019
The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking will be the new UK product marking, and replace the CE marking on certain products being placed on the UK market if approved.
The new UK conformity marking is still subject to parliamentary approval. Manufacturers will need to apply the new product marking to products sold on the UK market, only in cases when the CE marking will not be legally allowed for demonstrating compliance with the legal requirements.
UKCA marking should be attached to the product itself. However, depending on the product type and guidance requirements, the mark may sometimes be placed the packaging or instructions.
The general rules are:
- UKCA markings must only be placed on a product by you as the manufacturer or your authorized representative (where allowed for in the relevant legislation)
- When attaching the UKCA marking, you take full responsibility for your product’s conformity with the requirements of the relevant legislation
- You must only use the UKCA marking to show product conformity with the relevant UK legislation
- You must not place any marking or sign that may misconstrue the meaning or form of the UKCA marking to third parties
- You must not attach other markings on the product which affect the visibility, legibility or meaning of the UKCA marking
- The UKCA marking cannot be placed on products unless there is a specific requirement to do so in the legislation
For additional details see,