United Arab Emirates
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (TRA) – NEW TYPE APPROVAL, VERSION 2.0 FOR TELECOM EQUIPMENT
Effective May 15, 2019
The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) implemented a new type approval, version 2.0 for telecommunications equipment.
Here are the key changes:
1) TRA has set three compliance levels of telecommunications equipment:
- First level: Declaration of Conformity
- Second level: General Equipment Registration
- Third level: Advance Equipment Registration
2) TRA Declaration of Conformity Card (Type Approval Regime Conformity Mark)
The registered manufacturer or importer of telecommunications equipment shall place the TRA Declaration of Conformity Card (Type Approval Regime Conformity Mark) on the product package in a clear, readable and non-removable format before offering, selling or making the equipment available in the UAE market.
- Products shall contain a product statement card as specified below.
- The tag can be marked using black and white color.
- The QR code shall contain the basic information shown in the middle box.