Thailand (TISI) Portable Power Bank Safety Requirements
Effective January 7, 2019
TISI had announced a voluntary standard TIS 2789-2560 Portable Power Bank – Safety Requirements
- As the standard is only voluntary status, currently only manufacturer in Thailand is eligible to apply for TIS certificate for power bank at this moment.
- For imported power bank, it is not required and not eligible to obtain TIS certificate at the moment.
- TISI will be announced this standard onto royal decree, which will takes 2-3 months to complete. After announcing on royal decree, the standard will become mandatory with a certain agreed grace period upon effective date
- The requirements will be mandated testing requirements for both cell /battery and power banks. Cell/battery under TIS 2217 and power bank under TIS1561.
- Within the announcement, it includes marking requirements and also statement requirements.