Thailand (NBTC) – TS 1035-2562 Radio Communication Equipment Using 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz
Effective November 12, 2019
The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has released the notification and the new standard TS 1035-2562 Radio Communication Equipment using 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz. The NTC TS 1012-2551 RLAN standard has been cancelled and replaced by this new standard. It also provided the NBTC notification on usage of Short Range Devices for 5GHz band.
Here are the key changes:
1) New standard NBTC TS 1035-2562 specifies version of EN test standard (e.g. EN300328 V2.1.1, EN301893 V2.1.1., EN302502 V2.1.1, ETSI TS 136104/ETSI TS 136101) v13.2.0.
2) Frequency 5.725-5.850GHz
- Allow additional standard EN302 502 for this frequency band (previously this test standard was not allowed).
- Standard EN300440 is not accepted under this standard. Previous version of standard also does not have EN300440 but NBTC temporarily accepted EN300440 test report in the past. For 5.725-5.850GHz bands, NBTC accepts EN302502, FCC 15.247 or FCC 15.407.
- Allow additional technology of LTE under private network or LTE under IMT. This is the same bands with LTE band 46 which has been accepted previously. NBTC includes both technologies onto this new standard because they are using 5 GHz frequency
3) Electrical safety requirement
- Allow additional standard IEC62368-1 (previously this standard only accepts TIS1561-2556 or IEC60950-1).