TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING CENTRE RELEASES NEW NOTICE
On Sept 27th, 2018, TEC (Telecommunication Engineering Centre) released No. TEC/10/2018-TC notice – and postponed the TEC Mandatory Certification effective date from Oct 1st, 2018 to Jan 1, 2019 and April 1st, 2019 depending upon product type.
The technical guidance and implementation rule is carried out in accordance with the Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) procedure (), TEC/MP/DD/TCP-702/02.Oct 18.
Telecom equipment imported or sold in India on or after Jan 1st, 2019 subject to TEC approval:
- Audio conferencing equipment
- Digital Cross Connect
- DWDM Equipment
- Fax machines
- ISDN CPEs,
- MRTS equipment
- Multiplexing Equipment
- Radio and Transmission products including Microwave, UHF and VHF equipment
- Satellite equipment
- SDH Equipment and Cordless Phone
- WiFi Access Points and Controllers
Telecom equipment imported or sold in India on or after April 1st, 2019 subject to TEC approval:
- Compact Cellular network
- DSL equipment
- GPON equipment
- IP Terminal
- LAN Switch and loT (Internet of Things) Devices and any other Telecom equipment not indicated in paragraph 1
- Media Gateway
- Mobile Devices
- Signaling Gateway
- Soft Switch
BUREAU of INDIA STANDARDS (BIS) MARKING TO INCLUDE WEB ADDRESS
Effective from March 1, 2019, all Bureau of Indian Standard Registration Department (BIS) marking labesl shall include the BIS website reference. “The marking details shall contain reference to the website of the Bureau so that consumers may verify the authenticity of the standard marked product.” The guidelines are:
- BIS website reference shall be marked as bis.gov.in and same shall meet all the requirements as applicable to that of the registration number marked along with standard mark
- BIS website reference shall be provided, wherever the standard mark is marked.
WIRELESS PLANNING and COORDINATION WING (WPC) of the MINISTRY of COMMUNICATIONS RELEASES UPDATED RULE
Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing (WPC) of the Ministry of Communications in India released below rules to update the rules of SRD, 5GHz and Low Power UWB bands
- Use of Low Power and Very Low Power Short Range Radio Frequency Devices (Exemption from Licensing Requirement) Rules dated October 18, 2018.
- Use of Wireless Access System including Radio Local Area Network in 5 GHz band (Exemption from Licensing Requirements) Rules dated October 22, 2018.
- Use of Very Low Power Ultra-wideband Devices (Exemption from Licensing Requirements) Rules dated October 18, 2018.