Singapore (Safety) - CPS Info Booklet Rev 08 (2019) Update
Effective October 16, 2019
Singapore Enterprise updated the Consumer Protection Registration Scheme (CPS) info booklet to Rev 08.
Below are the important changes:
- Updated safety standards for portable socket outlet to use SS 145: Part 2: 2018 for PSO incorporated with USB ports and/or electronic device(s). Mandatory to use this standard from 26 Aug 2020.
- Updated safety standards for gas cooking appliances to use AS 5263.1.1: 2016. The current AS 4551: 2008 is obsolete and will be valid until 30/03/2021.
- Updated safety standards for mains socket-outlets to use SS 145: Part 2: 2018 for socket outlet incorporated with USB ports and/or energy monitoring device(s).
- Added a paragraph to clarify on hybrid products with controlled good and non-controlled good functions. (Those that have both control and non-control goods characteristic will consider controlled goods)
- Added additional safety authority requirement for AC adaptor to be used with/bundled together with PMD (personal mobile device)
- Updated additional safety authority requirement for FFD incorporated in gas appliances to use AS 5263.1.1: 2016 and AS 5263.0: 2017
- Updated additional safety authority requirement for toughened glass gas hob to use AS 5263.1.1: 2016 and AS 5263.0: 2017
- Added additional safety authority requirement for storage water heaters for user manual need to comply after march 2019)
- Added clarification on the definition of new test report requirement for high risk CG (must be within 3 years upon original test report)
- Control goods had added pressure cooker under the category for coffee maker, slow cooker, steam boat and similar appliances
A review and risk assessment was conducted on pressure cooker. It was concluded that pressure cooker should be considered a controlled good since it can fit into the definition, and the risk it brings to consumer can be comparable to those defined within the category. Supplier will be given until 30/09/2020 to comply with the safety requirements.