Saudi Arabia (SABER) – New System Implementation
Effective January 15, 2020
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) officially implemented the new SABER system. SABER is a platform that allows the manufacturers and local importers to apply for the required Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) for consumer products.
The details related to the new SABER system are:
- Almost all products including telecommunication devices must be registered through the new SABER System starting from January 1, 2020.
- The products under the scope of SABER are called “Regulated Products” and can be determined using the related HS code.
- The SABER registration can only be issued on the name of the importer. The PCoCs are not transferable. Every importer needs a separate registration.
- The importers must register as a local company in Saudi Arabia
- There is no need for test samples
- The PCoC is valid for 1 year
- R&TTE devices with installed radio modules additionally need CITC radio type approval for the radio modules