Saudi Arabia (SABER) – New System Implementation
Effective January 15, 2020
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) officially implemented the new SABER system. SABER is a platform that allows the manufacturers and local importers to apply for the required Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) for consumer products.
The details related to the new SABER system are:
1) Almost all products including telecommunication devices must be registered through the new SABER System starting from January 1, 2020.
2) The products under the scope of SABER are called “Regulated Products” and can be determined using the related HS code.
3) The SABER registration can only be issued on the name of the importer. The PCoCs are not transferable. Every importer needs a separate registration.
4) The importers must register as a local company in Saudi Arabia
5) There is no need for test samples
6) The PCoC is valid for 1 year
7) R&TTE devices with installed radio modules additionally need CITC radio type approval for the radio modules