Saudi Arabia (CITC) - CBS National Testing For Mobile Phones
The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) requested the local CBS testing (Cell Broadcast Service) of mobile phones. This testing must be performed locally by the three operators (STC, Mobily and Zain) in Saudi Arabia.
This is a further requirement related to the type approval of mobile phones in addition to the other requirements.
Here are the requirements:
- All mobile phones must comply with the final version of CITC technical specification RI056
- All mobile phones must support at least the following LTE Bands: B1, B3, B8, B20, B28, B40, B41
- 5G mobile phones must support at least the bands N41 and N78.
- All mobile phones must support the functionalities WIFI-Call and VoLTE
- The usage of VoLTE and WIFI-Call must be arranged with all Saudi mobile network operators
- All mobile phones must enable the Cell Broadcast Service (CBS) Alert
- CITC requires the submission of the CBS test report
- All mobile phones must be equipped with the e-label