Philippines BPS Mandatory Product Certification Schemes
Circular No 18-04 and 18-11 include the following key changes:
- The addition of electric grills, electric ovens, turbo broilers , induction cookers, electric juicers, electric food mixers, electric food processors, electric kettles, electric pressure cookers, electric slow cookers.
- Washing machines, both vertical and horizontal drum orientation, are now added to the scheme.
- Inverter Air Conditioners have been added.
- The addition of TV’s up to 55 inches, additional only controlled up to 45 inches.
- Certification of electric fans, electric irons, blenders, microwave ovens, rice cookers, airports, coffee makers, TV sets, CD/VCD/DVD/Blu-Ray disc players, toasters, stoves, hot plates, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners must all meet the latest version of the standard by August 25, 2019.
- As of August 25, 2018 self-ballasted LED lamps required mandatory certification. Any lamps already on the market prior to then may still receive the ICC or PS Mark until August 24, 2019.