Paraguay (MIC) – Requirements for Importing of Mobile Phones and Mobile Phone Equipment
Effective September 21, 2019
Paraguayan Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MIC) approved Resolution No. 410 and implemented the requirements for importing of mobile phones, parts of mobile phone equipment, and non-integrated motherboards of mobile phone equipment.
Importers have to comply with the provisions of this Resolution, and obtain the mandatory homologation certification granted by the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) of Paraguay, and register IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) provided to the importer by the manufacturers.
The regulation establishes the application procedures for registration in the following:
- Register of importers of mobile phones including factory accessories
- Register of importers of parts of mobile phone equipment
- Register of importers of non-integrated motherboards of mobile phone equipment
The provisions of the Resolution also detail the requirements to apply for a prior license for importation issued by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce for the regulated devices. They correspond to the following tariff items:
- NCM 8517.12.3 mobile phones, except satellite
- NCM 8517.12.31 portables
- NCM 8517.70.99 parts and accessories for mobile phones
- NCM 8517.70.10 motherboard of mobile phones