Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea (NICTA) – Approved Band Plans 700 MHz, 71 – 76GHz, 81 – 86 GHz
November 25, 2020, the National Information & Communications Technology Authority (NICTA) has approved the 700 MHZ, 71 – 76 &81 – 86 GHz band plans.
700 MHz Plan
- The 700 MHz band plan relates to the spectrum between 698 – 806 MHz
- The 700 MHz band is planned to support IMT and IMT based mobile broadband applications
- The band plan will guide assignments for deployment of 4G LTE and possibly LTE – Advanced technologies in Papua New Guinea.
71– 76 & 81–86 GHz Plan
- Plan and channeling arrangement for fixed wireless systems operating in the 71-76GHz and 81-86GHz frequency range which are also commonly known as the E-band
- Provides information on technical characteristics of radio systems, frequency channeling, coordination initiatives to maximize the utilization, and minimizes interference by applications in the said bands
- It is also intended to regulate the usage of the spectrum in PNG