Mauritania (ARE) - New Type Approval
Mauritania ARE (Autorité de Régulation de la République Islamique de la Mauritanie) released a new Type Approval Regulation on May 24th, 2021.
This new regulation covers the following key elements:
- Type Approval Procedure
The process has not changed.
2. Test Sample
The applicant must provide a sample for technical examination.
The sample must include:
- Brand and Type
- Codes of different modules and cards of the system
At present, samples are not requested.
3. Certificate Validity and Renewal Process
Certificate is valid for 5 years.
According to Article 13, Certificate Renewal must be done 4 months before the expiration date, notifying that the equipment has not undergone any modifications.
4. Resubmission For New Approval
According to Article 13, resubmission for a new approval is required if the approved equipment undergone any change on its characteristics.
Marking is mandatory in Mauritania.
However, the label may be included in the documentation in situations described below:
- equipment is inaccessible to the end user;
- and / or (b) space on the product is limited because of its size