MANDATORY CCIS CERTIFICATION
On July 2, 2018, the CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China) announced the implementation of rule CNCA-CCIS-2018 for Network (Cyber) Critical Equipment and Cybersecurity-specific products. The certification process involves in-country testing and evaluation with thesample pick-up arranged by an authorized certification body, factory inspection, and market surveillance. The validity of the CCIS certification is five years.
- Critical Network Equipment: Router, Switch, Sever Rack, PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) equipment
- Network Security Products: Data Backup All-in-one Machine, Firewall (Hardware), WEB Application Firewall (WAF), Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Security Isolation and Information Prevention Product (GAP), Anti-spam Product, Network Comprehensive Auditing System, Network Vulnerability Scanning Product, Secure Database System, Network Recovery Product
New SRRC (State Radio Regulation of China) TYPE APPROVAL POLICY ANNOUNCED (Effective date: October 15, 2018)
|Old Policy||New Policy|
|SRRC Application process
|Testing & Report → Application → Certificate granted
|Application evaluation → Testing program→ Submission of test report → SRRC certification will be granted based on test report with positive result; Rejection notice will be issued if test report shows negative results.|
|Testing fee||Testing Fee paid by manufacturer/applicant;
Manufacturer/applicant can go through re-testing with additional fee if needed
|Testing fee paid by Chinese government authority funding plan under conditions:
1) Successful SRRC testing evaluation (one time pass only, no failure, no re-test) and SRRC-type approval grant.
2) Manufacturer must upload their sales contract to MIIT registered account to demonstrate the product is being sold in the China market; failure to comply to this requirement will lead to cancellation of SRRC certificate as well as pay back of testing fee to authority.
3) Manufacturer/applicant is responsible for paying full testing fee if testing fails.
|Samples||3 conducted samples||5 conducted samples must be provided;
Testing lab to choose 3 out of 5 for testing.