Korea (RRA) – Draft Amendment of Technical Regulation for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Proposed date of entry into force: TBD
Korean National Radio Research Agency (RRA) released the draft amendment of technical regulation for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Adoption of international standards to alleviate EMI limits for electric railways in the frequency range 9 kHz to 150 kHz and establishment of EMS standards by supplementing the electromagnetic immunity (Article 10, Annex 7).
- Removal of EMI limits between frequency range 9 kHz to 150 kHz
- Extension of measurement frequency range of radiated disturbance for enclosure ports of in-vehicle devices in electric railways
- Extension of measurement frequency range of electromagnetic immunity of in-vehicle devices in electric railways
- Changes of performance criteria for electrical fast transient/burst test of fixed railway power equipment
- For successful avoidance of EMC problems due to the introduction of lighting equipment integrated with information and communication technology, adoption of international standards and establishment of EMI limits (Article 9, Annex 6)
- Extension of measurement frequency range for radiated disturbance frequency range for enclosure port
- Establishment of EMI limits of loop antenna for lighting equipment exceeding 1.6 m, the limit of extra-low voltage(ELV) lamp and current probe measurement