Korea - New KC Safety Standards
New KC safety standards were published and entered into force.
1) KC 61851-1 and KC 62196-2 (Electronic Vehicle Charger) were revised.
- Max. rated current for type 1 (AC 5 pin) was increased to 80A from 32A for improvement of charging speed.
2) KC 62133-2 was newly published. KC 62133 was withdrawn for battery.
- KC 62133 would be withdrawn after being applied in parallel with KC 62133-2 until Dec. 31, 2020.
- To enhance the safety of batteries mounted on personal mobility devices (electric kickboards, etc.) with a speed of 25km/h or less, the batteries controlled under consuming goods rule will be moved to electrical appliances rule. This change will be applied to the batteries mounted on personal mobility devices since Aug. 1st 2021.