INDIA (BIS) – CHANGES IN BIS REGISTRATION PROCESS – SMART REGISTRATION
Effective April 3, 2019
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has modified their process for the registration of products under CRS.
The Smart Registration has been launched which will reduce the number of processes involved in registration. It allows manufacturers to track their registration request from the beginning of process including testing by using a smart app. This process will eliminate the requirement of submission of hard copies of test reports. The new process will require online generation of test requests, and confirmation from labs on proposed timelines before acceptance of samples by lab, and tracking of all this information by BIS.
BIS Smart Registration process timelines:
- April 3rd, 2019: Launch of smart registration
- April 4th, 2019: Login creation and registration of Labs on the new application
- April 10th, 2019: Labs to complete their registration
- April 16th, 2019: BIS to complete action of registration on labs
- May 20th, 2019: Labs not to accept the samples without test request generated form portal