HONDURAS (CONATEL) – ELECTRICAL AND R&TT PRODUCTS
Effective March 18, 2019
The National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) issued regulations and technical guidelines for the supply of telecom services and its fees, assures its compliance, and allocates permits and licenses.
Types of products that require CONATEL Approval:
- Routers, Modems, and Gateways
- RFID and Bluetooth modules
- Cell phones etc.
The Homologation process is mandatory and applies to importers, manufacturers or sellers. Prior to import or sell, products covered by the Regulation must show the compliance through a Certificate of Homologation issued by the CONATEL.
The CONATEL accepts the certificates of conformity issued by:
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the USA
- The Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) of Mexico
- The European Economic Community (EC)
- The Telecom Engineering Center (TELEC in Japan)