CANADA (ISED) – RADIO STANDARDS SPECIFICATION RSS-123, ISSUE 4 AND RSS-181, ISSUE 2
Proposed date of entry into force: To be determined
The following two standards have been posted on the Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC) website for a 70-day consultation period.
- RSS-123, Issue 4, Licensed Wireless Microphones sets out the certification requirements for low-power radio apparatus operating in the frequency bands specified in the standard.
- RSS-181, Issue 2, Coast and Ship Station Equipment Operating in the Maritime Service in the Frequency Range 1605-28000 kHz sets out certification requirements for equipment operating in the maritime service in the frequency range 1605 – 28000 kHz.
CANADA (ISED) – ICES-003 ISSUE 6
Effective April 18, 2019
Interference-Causing Equipment Standard ICES‑003, Issue 6, sets out standard requirements for information technology equipment (ITE), including digital apparatus.
All external thermostats sold, offered for sale, manufactured, imported, distributed or leased on the Canadian market will have to comply with this issue of ICES-003 by December 31, 2019.
List of Changes:
- Updated Section 2.1 to clarify the definition of an ITE device.
- Updated Section 2.3 to include storage media.
- Updated Section 2.4 to clarify applicability of broadcasting equipment.
- Updated Section 3(b) to reference the latest version of ANSI C63.4-2014.
- Updated Section 4(e) to clarify that external thermostats are subject to the requirements of ICES-003 with a revised transition period outlined above the list of changes.