Brazil (ANATEL) - Public Consultation Nº 54/2020 (Act 14448 Updating)
ANATEL released the Public Consultation n.º 54/2020 (annex) in regard to an update of Act 14448 (Technical Requirements For Assessing Conformity Assessment of Restricted Radiation Equipment). The Act 14448 specifies the limits and the conditions for many wireless devices such as WIFI, BT, RFID, UWB, SRD and others.
The public consulting will expire on Aug 23rd. Any Brazilian can submit comments on the ANATEL system. After that ANATEL will evaluate the comments, reply and publish the final document.
Here are the main topics described in this public consultation:
- Item 9.2 – Update the frequency range from vehicle radars from 76-77 to 76-81 GHz and update the limits
- Item 9.5 – Allow new type of device (Level Detection transmitter) to use the range of 76-81 GHz and includes its limits
- Item 10 – Update the 5GHz Band IV from 5725-5850 MHz to 5725-5895 MHz
- Item 11 – Define that 5GHz Band III (5470-5725 MHz) can only be used for indoor devices
- Item 22 – Include new type of device (Vehicle communication systems – Intelligent Transportation System – ITS) allowing to use range 5850-5925 MHz
- Item 23 – Include new type of device (Multiple Gigabit Wireless Systems) allowing to use range the 57-71GHZ bands
- Item 24 – Include limits to evaluate the Media Access Sharing System (Channel Access Mechanism) based on Frame Based Equipment (FBE) and Load Based Equipment (LBE) @ 5GHz Bands