Brazil (ANATEL) – ACT 3484, Conformity Assessment and Testing of Lithium Batteries Used in Mobile Phones
Effective November 30, 2019
Brazil National Telecommunications Agency (ANATEL) has published ACT 3484 about the new technical requirements and test procedures for the evaluation of the Conformity of Lithium Batteries Used in Mobile Phones.
The new act main changes are:
a) Sample Quantity: Minimum sample amount for the electrical and safety tests are 34 units of lithium batteries, and 10 units of cells for lithium batteries
b) Electrical Testing: According to IEC 61960-3(2017) Items 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6.1, 7.6.2, 7.7.2, 7.7.3, 7.8.1, 7.8.3. Total number of samples are 15 lithium batteries
c) Safety Testing: According to IEC 62133-1 (2017) Items 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.4, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.6. Total number of samples are 19 lithium batteries and 10 lithium cells
d) Certificate Renewal: Batteries that are in phase of manufacturing discontinuation and are in the manufacturer’s stock with more than 6 (six) months of manufacturing, the safety tests shall be performed and the maximum validity of the certificate shall be 12 (twelve) months, less the number of days the date of manufacture of the samples exceeds 6 (six) months
Important: The obligation of using the security seal (Mint Label) in the Mobile Phone’s battery was kept in force.
Brazil (INMETRO) – Energy Efficiency Requirements for Air Conditioners Come Into Force
This regulation applies to air conditioners operating at nominal voltage 127-220V, 60Hz imported or made domestically for use in Brazil.
The equipment list includes the following types:
- Mono-block air conditioners
- Window or wall air conditioners
- Single or split hi-wall air conditioners
- Ceiling and floor air conditioners from a single evaporator unit
Air conditioners with water cooler condensers are excluded from the scope.
The compliance deadlines for manufacturing, import and marketing of air conditioners that do not comply with the foregoing provisions as follows:
- June 30, 2019 – Manufacturing and Import
- December 31, 2019 – Marketing by manufacturers and importers
- June 30, 2020 – Marketing by wholesalers and retailers
Brazil (ANATEL) – Mandatory Type Allocation Code (TAC) Registration
Effective January 7, 2019
Brazil National Telecommunications Agency (ANATEL) has recently published the Official Letter n° 25/2019. The notification letter reinforces the importance of TAC (Type Allocation Code) registration composed by the first 8 digits of IMEI for all devices with WWAN functions that use the SMP (Portable Mobile Service), such as Mobile Phones, Tablets, Modules and all other terminal using WWAN.
This registration will be constructed using the SIGA system controlled by a company called ABR Telecom. According to ANATEL, the registration must be done only by a Brazilian Manufacturer or a Local Representative company in Brazil. The SIGA (Sistema Integrado de Gestão de Aparelhos) is a centralized technological solution integrated with the SMP Providers (Carriers). The purpose is to treat and combat the use of cloned, adulterated or uncertified IMEIs in the Mobile Operators’ networks.
TAC registration system link: https://grupos.abrtelecom.com.br/tacfabricantes
Chronological order to register TAC:
- Foreigner applicant requests the device homologation in Brazil
- Certification process is conducted until obtaining the ANATEL homologation
- Manufacturer request to GSMA (GSM Association) for registration and TAC list
- Brazilian Manufacturer or Local Representative make the TAC registration in the SIGA
- Manufacturer is allowed to start the commercialization in Brazil
ABR Telecom will be responsible to confirm the TAC informed in the SIGA which is registered in the GSMA database as well. If the TAC registration requirement is not fulfilled, ABR will inform ANATEL to take the necessary actions.
In order to proceed the TAC registration in the SIGA, the following items are needed:
- Model name (name listed in the ANATEL Certificate)
- TAC list (all TACs that belong to the homologated model in Brazil must be registered)
- ANATEL Homologation ID number
- Homologation Date
- Manufacturer’s Code in the GSMA