- defines the framework for the ISO/TR 19083 series of standards related to emergency evacuation and disaster response and recovery,
- establishes the criteria under which public transport should support evacuations and disaster response and recovery based on the magnitude of the disaster and the location as these factors drive the policies, directives and plans for each countries disaster prevention/evacuation systems,
- identifies the types of agencies and organizations involved in a regionally supported evacuation and disaster,
- defines the roles and responsibilities public transport entities should provide in planning, preparing for, and conducting evacuations and disaster response and recovery efforts in support of regional authorities,
- recommends the type of information required and necessary actions to be followed by public transport to ensure efficient and effective transportation in response to recovery from a disaster,
- provides a concept of operation describing the characteristics of the EEDRR Decision Support System from the viewpoint of an individual who will use the system for public transport disaster support, it is the guiding document for public transport services operators who voluntarily wish to develop EEDRR Decision Support Systems, and
- identifies guidelines to improve coordination among regional authorities when public transport disaster support is required.