IEC TS 60695-5-2:2021 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC TS 60695-5-2:2021 gives a summary of the test methods that are used in the assessment of the corrosivity of fire effluent. It presents a brief summary of test methods in common use, either as international standards or national or industry standards. It includes special observations on their relevance, for electrotechnical products and their materials, to real fire scenarios and gives recommendations on their use.
One of the responsibilities of a technical committee is, wherever applicable, to make use of basic safety publications in the preparation of its publications. The requirements, test methods or test conditions of this publication will not apply unless specifically referred to or included in the relevant publications.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
– References to IEC TS 60695-5-3 (withdrawn in 2014) have been removed.
– ISO/TR 9122-1 has been revised by ISO 19706.
– References to ISO 11907-2 and ISO 11907-3 have been removed.
– Terms and definitions have been updated.
– Text in 5.4 has been updated.
– Text in 5.5.8 (5.7.8 in Ed. 2) has been updated.
– Text in Clause 6 (7 in Ed. 2) has been updated.
– Bibliographic references have been updated.
It has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
This technical specification is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60695-5-1.