IEC 62505-3-2:2020 is applicable to new current transformers which are:
- intended for use in indoor or outdoor fixed installations in traction systems, and
- operated with an AC line voltage and frequency as specified in IEC 60850.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2009.This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition :
- this standard was revised to reflect the latest versions of standards referenced and to remove text already included in the IEC 61869 series.
- the structure of the document was adapted to that of IEC 62505-1 and IEC 62505-2.
- ratings have been added to provide designations in line with other railway standards, for example IEC 62497.
- test requirements have been detailed to meet operating conditions of railway applications.
- partial discharge voltages have been specified.