Gas Trade: Unit 3 - Properties, characteristics, and safe handling of fuel gases
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
As a gas technician/fitter, you must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the properties and characteristics of fuel gases to ensure that you are able to practice safe gas handling procedures at all times.
At the end of this Unit you will be able to:
• Explain the properties and safe handling of fuel gases;
• Explain combustion;
• Describe detecting and handling gas hazards; and
• Describe how to shut down valves.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.