Gas Trade: Unit 5 - Introduction to electricity
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The safe and proper installation of gas appliances and systems requires a gas technician/fitter to have knowledge of basic electrical theory and practical trade-related applications.
At the end of this Unit, you will be able to:
• Identify electrical safety hazards, safe working techniques, procedures, and applicable codes;
• Describe basic electrical theory and concepts;
• Describe the components and operation of a simple electrical circuit;
• Explain the principles of basic magnetism and electromagnetism;
• Explain the theory of direct and alternating current;
• Explain basic transformer theory and operation; and
• Describe and explain the use of electrical measuring instruments.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.