Gas Trade: Unit 3 - Properties, characteristics, and safe handling of fuel gases
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
As a gas technician/fitter, you must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the properties and characteristics of fuel gases to ensure that you are able to practice safe gas handling procedures at all times.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Explain the properties and safe handling of fuel gases
• Explain combustion
• Describe detecting and handling gas hazards
• Describe how to shut down valves
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel