Gas Trade: Unit 27A - Commercial/Industrial appliances over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW)
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Gas technicians/fitters encounter a variety of commercial and industrial equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) for installation or start-up. When installing such equipment, the gas technician/fitter must follow the CSA B149 Code series pertaining to natural gas and propane fuels. Start-up procedures for equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) are determined by the equipment itself and by the manufacturer’s guidelines. It is important that the gas technician/fitter be familiar with these procedures as well as with the special requirements for piping, ventilation, venting, water treatment, etc. and some key servicing and maintenance requirements of large installations.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe gas piping requirements;
• Describe ventilation and combustion air requirements;
• Describe venting requirements;
• Identify installation requirements;
• Describe activation procedures for commercial/industrial appliances;
• Describe servicing, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures; and
• Identify water treatment requirements.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel