Gas Trade: Unit 2 - Fasteners, tools, and testing instruments
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Proper installation of gas piping requires a variety of fasteners, supports, devices and tools to complete the job. Each installation has its own requirements and the technician/fitter must choose among a huge selection. In this module, you will be given an overview of the more common types of fasteners and supports used in the gas industry, as well as the basic tools you will be required to use and understand.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe and select fasteners
• Describe and select hand tools
• Describe and select power tools and accessories
• Describe and select measuring tools
• Identify combustion testing instrument
• Identify electrical testing instruments
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel