Gas Trade: Unit 18 - Water heaters and combination systems
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Installation of new and replacement gas water heaters form a normal part of your duties as a gas technician/fitter. The types of heater, controls, components and piping systems vary greatly as do the installation requirements for each type. A thorough understanding of gas-fired water heaters and combination system installation, servicing and maintenance will ensure that the hot water requirements are adequate for the building.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Identify and understand the operation of gas-fired water heaters;
• Identify and understand the operation of combination systems;
• Size and install gas-fired hot water heating and combination systems; and
• Service hot water heating and combination systems.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.