Gas Trade: Unit 15 - Domestic appliances
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
A thorough understanding of domestic appliance installation, servicing, and maintenance is an important part of a gas technician’s/fitter’s training. Common gas-fired domestic appliances include cooking ranges and ovens, clothes dryers, barbecues, and lamps.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Install, service, and maintain ranges and ovens;
• Install, service, and maintain clothes dryers;
• Install, service, and maintain barbecues; and
• Install, service, and maintain gas-fired lamps.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel