Gas Trade: Unit 13 - The building as a system
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Technological advances in the construction industry that make buildings more energy-efficient, comfortable, and cost-effective have carried with them the need for tradespeople to understand the building as a whole system. Every piece of work done on the building has an impact on other parts of the building’s construction. As a gas technician, it is important that you understand the principles of heat, moisture, air flow, and demands for air, and how they interact with present-day construction requirements and standards.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe key components;
• Describe building science principles;
• Describe assessment tools for building as a system; and
• Describe indoor air quality.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.