Gas Trade: Unit 12 - Basic electricity for gas-fired equipment
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
A thorough understanding of electricity and its application to gas-fired systems and of installation, servicing, and maintenance is an essential part of a gas technician’s/fitter’s training.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Understand the function of a building power supply;
• Recognize common features of power supplies;
• Read and interpret electrical drawings;
• Use measuring and test instruments;
• Understand the function of electrical circuits and hardware devices;
• Understand the function and operation of millivolt systems; and
• Recognize different types of motors and their applications.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel