CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Safety on the job is one of the most important factors to consider when doing any task, whether climbing a ladder or installing an appliance. This unit covers safety from various perspectives, including personal safety rules and protective gear, government acts and regulations, the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, and fire safety practices. These chapters are intended to provide examples of topics and general safety requirements and do not replace employment training.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe on-the-job safety measures.
• Describe government acts and regulations.
• Identify hazardous materials.
• Describe fire safety practices.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.