Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 14496-8:2004 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been approved as a National Standard of Canada by the Standards Council of Canada.
This part of ISO/IEC 14496 specifies transport level functionalities for the communication of interactive audiovisual scenes.
1. Framework for the carriage of ISO/IEC 14496 contents over IP networks;
2. Guidelines to design RTP payload formats for ISO/IEC 14496 contents including fragmentation and concatenation rules;
3. Usage rules of SDP to transport ISO/IEC 14496-1 related information;
4. MIME type definitions for ISO/IEC14496 contents; and
5. Analysis on RTP Security and Multicasting.