Formation - public
CSA Z432 – Safeguarding of Machinery
Based on CSA Z432
détails du produit
We are pleased to announce that we have converted this course to a virtual, instructor-led format. Virtual courses may take place over several days in half day sessions. We have redesigned all our courses to maximize learning in a virtual environment. Students will still have the opportunity to participate and interact with the instructor.
Virtual Training – Virtual AM sessions will be delivered from 8:30 – 12:30 ET. Virtual Midday sessions will be delivered from 11:30 - 15:30 ET. Virtual PM sessions will be delivered from 13:30 – 17:30 ET.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Tablet and Mobile are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Machine hazards continue to be a leading cause of serious workplace injury and death. CSA Z432 Safeguarding of Machinery is a voluntary standard that helps to protect workers from hazards associated with the use of mobile or stationary machinery by providing the description, selection, and application of guards and safety devices. The new edition of the standard has undergone extensive review and revision.
The Safeguarding of Machinery: Understanding CSA Z432 course has been updated to reflect the new edition of the standards. It is offered in collaboration with WSPS and guides participants through the sections of the standard so they become familiar with its content and application.
- Increase knowledge of key concepts within the new edition of CSA Z432 including new terms, definitions, requirements and alignment/integrations with ISO
- Clearly review and understand the significance of new requirements, including safety control systems and safeguarding devices
- Learn about hazard identification, risk assessment and reduction
- Efficiently and accurately apply practical knowledge to workplace situations through interactive exercises
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and Supervisors
- Maintenance and Purchasing Personnel
- Safety Professionals and Engineers
- Project Managers and Certified JHSC Members
- Z432:16, Safeguarding of Machinery, standard (Value of $200.00)
Warren is a health and safety professional with more than 35 years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Health practice and teaching. His practice experience ranges from the food and beverage manufacturing sector to the secondary and postsecondary education sector to the nuclear industry. He continues to teach Occupational Health and Safety at the University of British Columbia and the BC Institute of Technology.
Warren is a retired holder of the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and Certified Public Health Inspector - Canada (CPHI(C)) professional designations. In addition to his work and teaching in OHS, Warren also consults to industry in the areas of Environmental Management and Quality Management.
Warren's most rewarding times in OHS are when he has the opportunity to provide education, training and knowledge transfer to workers, supervisors and managers and when he is mentoring new OHS practitioners.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Chromebooks, Tablets and Mobiles are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Operating Systems/Browser Recommendations:
• Internet Explorer 10 or later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Edge browser 42 and later
• Mozilla Firefox 52 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X:
• Firefox 52 and later
• Safari 11 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Headset, headphones with microphone, or computer/device with speakers/microphone (required for audio)
• Video camera (optional)
• Java 6 and Java 7 (for web browsers that support Java) are enabled
• Cisco WebEx plug-ins is enabled for Chrome 32 and later
• Plug-ins are enabled in Safari
• Active X is enabled and unblocked for Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Open all learning materials using Adobe Reader. Click here to install (it is free).
Please click here to view our Course Cancellation and Refund Policy