Infection Prevention and Control in Long-term Care Homes - Instructor-Led Course
Based on the CSA Z8004:22, Long-term care home operations and infection prevention and control standard
détails du produit
The CSA Z8004 standard provides requirements for safe operation, infection prevention, and control of long-term care (LTC) homes. This Standard is intended for use by operational staff, infection prevention and control personnel, directors of care, architects, designers, engineers, governmental bodies, and residents and families.
This course will provide an overview of the CSA Z8004:22 standard and provide guidance for an Infection Prevention and Control program structure, including hand hygiene requirements for staff, residents, and external personnel entering the building.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify elements of an IPAC Program
- Discuss fundamentals of IPAC measures
- Discuss fundamentals and importance of cleaning and disinfection in LTCHs
- Describe the components of safe handling of laundry
- Discuss new and emerging cleaning and disinfection technologies
- Explain auditing procedures and requirements
- Discuss assessment methods to determine the risk elements associated with your LTCH, including IPAC measures required to balance residents right to live with risk with safety to resident/s and staff
- Infection Prevention and Control Professionals
- Directors and Assistant Directors of Care
- LTC Site Leadership / Occupational Health and Safety Professionals
- Registered Long-term care Staff
- Government/Regulatory Authorities
- Frontline workers, and associated Clinical Staff
- Environmental Services/Housekeeping/Laundry
- Maintenance and Operational Staff
- LTC Volunteers
- Essential Family Caregivers
What is Included
CSA Z8004:22, Long-term care home operations and infection prevention and control standard
Florentina Belu (Ina) RN BScN
Florentina, is a graduate of Ryerson University, currently working as Manager of MDRD and Surgical Infrastructure at Unity Health Toronto. She is CIC certified since 2012 and holds a CSAO Certificate in Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques.
In recent years, she has undertaken a range of projects in the community, including IPAC LTC Lead for West Toronto and Downtown East and Content Specialist with the CSA Group for the development of training products and materials. Ina has been part of the faculty group for the IPAC Canada course for the last seven years.
Marilyn Weinmaster BScN CIC
Marilyn spent 28 years in a variety of nursing positions in rehabilitation and long-term care followed by 17 years in Infection Prevention and Control providing expertise to rehabilitation and long-term care, Saskatchewan Health Authority, Regina and Surrounding Area.
She is Certified in Infection Control (CIC)since 2012 and a member of IPAC Canada. Marilyn has served on IPAC committees at the provincial and national level. She is a former board member of IPAC Canada. Marilyn was a member of the Technical Sub Committee, CSA Z8004 Operation and Infection Prevention and Control of Long-term Homes as a content specialist.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Tablet and Mobile are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Operating Systems/Browser Recommendations:
• Windows – Version 8 or higher
• Edge browser 42 and later
• Mozilla Firefox 52 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X:
• MAC – Version 10.13 or higher
• Firefox 52 and later
• Safari 11 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Headset, headphones with microphone, or computer/device with speakers/microphone (required for audio)
• Video camera (optional)
• Java 6 and Java 7 (for web browsers that support Java) are enabled
• Cisco WebEx plug-ins is enabled for Chrome 32 and later
• Plug-ins are enabled in Safari
• Open all learning materials using Adobe Reader. Click here to install (it is free).