Formation - en ligne
2021 Canadian Electrical Code: Grounding & Bonding
Overview of the grounding, bonding and equipotential bonding requirements
détails du produit
This online course provides an overview of the grounding, bonding and equipotential bonding requirements in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I.
With an emphasis on safety, this course explores the requirements for the prescriptive requirements of grounding and bonding which are imperative in minimizing the risk and severity of electric shock, and to better protect workers and prevent damage to property during a fault event.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
This course highlights practical information through scenarios, activities and real-world examples to assist in conveying CE Code requirements.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize terms that apply specifically to grounding, bonding and equipotential bonding.
- Explain and identify electrical installations where grounding to the earth is required, where it is not required, and the different types of connections and interconnections.
- Describe requirements and means for the safe bonding of non-current-carrying conductive parts of electrical equipment.
- Describe equipotential bonding requirements for non-electrical equipment.
- Industrial electrical professionals who work with electrical systems and equipment
- Industrial electricians
- Electrical engineers
- Building, plant and maintenance staff and operators
- Electrical technicians
Estimated Completion Time
- Solidly Grounded Systems
- Impedance Grounded Systems
- Ungrounded Systems
- Equipment Bonding
- Equipotential Bonding
CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (25th Edition), Safety Standard for Electrical Installations
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
•Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
•if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
•Adobe Flash Player version 8 or better installed
•Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
•All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).