Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code - Online Training
The 2019 edition of the CSA S6, Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code contains many critical updates and major changes. To get you up to speed quickly, CSA Group has developed an online Overview of Changes course that will provide you with an update on the significant changes contained in the 2019 edition and the impact of those changes on bridge design. Training is available in English.
This course provides substantive updates to Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 in the 12th edition of the Code, published in 2019.
Section 2 - Durability and Sustainability
Section 3 - Loads
Section 4 - Seismic Design
Section 5 - Methods of Analysis
Section 6 - Foundations & Geotechnical Systems (6.10, 6.14, 6.18, and 6.19)
Section 7 - Buried Structures
Section 8 - Concrete Structures
Section 10 - Steel Structures
1. Identify the eight Sections of the CSA S6:19 Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code with substantial changes.
2. Locate added Clauses in eight Sections of the Code.
3. Locate revisions made to Clauses and Annexes (normative) in eight Sections of the Code.
4. Locate deleted Clauses in eight Sections of the Code.
5. Recognize how the additions, revisions and deletions impact industry involved in the design of highway bridges in Canada.
6. Recognize how the changes affect design of structures within the Scope of the Code.
Estimated Completion Time:
◾ 4 Hours (90 day course access)
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).