CSA Group’s European Center of Excellence
The European campus provides CSA Group’s renowned testing, inspection and certification services with direct access to world-class technical experts to better serve European customers.
Located in the heart of Europe in Plattling, Germany, this 12,280-square meter facility will offer expertise from almost 200 qualified experts – mainly engineers and technicians. This facility offers end-to-end testing, inspection, and certification services to European manufacturers looking to access global markets, including North America, Europe and, Asia.
End-to-end Testing, Inspection and Certification Solutions
With it’s anticipated EU notified body status, DAkkS, SCC and ANAB accreditation, OSHA NRTL, IECEx, and IECEE CB Scheme recognition, this facility is equipped to test, inspect and certify products for global markets, including North America, Europe and, Asia. The facility will provide services for industrial and hazardous locations equipment, electrical and gas operated appliances, power tools and batteries, automotive and high-tech products as well as medical devices. These services include:
- Safety Testing and Certification
Expanded global safety certification services for a wide range of industries and products, including small and large gas-fired and electrical appliances, power tools, IT, Audio-/Video and office products, as well as medical devices and industrial equipment.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Radio
Greater EMC and radio testing capabilities for a wide range of products, such as industrial equipment, consumer electronics, healthcare equipment and vehicles. As one of the largest EMC labs in Europe, this lab is capable of testing large equipment on an 8-meter turntable allowing a maximum weight of 25 tons, and a 400V/200A mains supply.
- Batteries and Energy Storage
New battery testing capabilities for battery cells and battery packs including cycling tests, explosion tests, transportation tests and environmental simulation tests, as well as end-to-end services for battery-operated products such as handheld power tools.
- Energy Efficiency Verification (EEV)
New EEV services for external power supplies and battery chargers to verify product compliance with North American regulatory requirements and the European Ecodesign Directive for energy-related products (ErP).
- Environmental Simulation Testing
Assessment of the impact of environmental influences such as temperature, climatic changes, corrosive influences, water, push and pull, or vibrations on product durability.
- Global Market Access Services
Global market access to more than 140 markets worldwide for various product areas.
- Hazardous Locations (HazLoc)
A wide range of testing and certification services for industrial equipment installed in explosive atmospheres for industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, mining and energy. Hazardous locations services include explosion tests, overpressure tests, spark ignition tests, temperature tests, environmental simulation tests and many more. CSA Group can help with ATEX, UKCA, IECEx and North American certifications.
Accreditations & Recognitions
CSA Group in Europe is accredited and recognized by organizations around the world, including:
- Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkkS)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) – Conformity Assessment Schemes IECEE and IECEx)
- ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED)
- Kraftfahrt Bundesamt (KBA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Société Nationale de Certification et d’Homologation (SNCH)
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Vehicle Safety Certification Center (VSCC)
- Voluntary Control Council for Interference by Information Technology Equipment (VCCI)
Speak to an expert
Complete the form to discuss your testing and certification needs.
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.