CSA Group will provide you with product evaluation, testing & certification and standards solutions for plumbing products that are installed in North America. We test & certify to North American plumbing standards including drinking water (NSF sanitation), low-lead and energy efficiency requirements. Let our team of experts provide you with the services that fit the unique needs of your company.
Recognition and accreditation
- CSA marks are widely recognized and accepted by:
- Safety inspectors, code officials and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ’s)
- Safety experts and workplace safety committees
- Leading product manufacturers
- Major product distributors and retailers
CSA Group is your global provider of testing & certification, standards solutions, as well as product evaluation services for plumbing fixtures and fittings:
CSA Group will test & certify your fixtures and fittings to a range of requirements:
- Certification requirements for the U.S. and Canada
- Drinking water requirements
- Low lead requirements
- Water efficiency requirements (below)
CSA Group supports manufacturers of plastic and non-plastic piping for both pressure and non-pressure applications, providing you with testing & certification, standards solutions as well as product evaluation services. Our international network of technical experts will work with you to develop a program that meets your needs.
CSA Group certifies piping products to CSA, ASTM and AWWA standards, as well as NSF/ANSI 14 and NSF/ANSI 61.
Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs & Pumps
CSA Group offers testing & certification, standards solutions, as well as product evaluation solutions for pools, spas, hot tubs and pumps. No matter where you manufacture your products, CSA Group’s global network of offices and laboratories can provide the local service you require.CSA Group will develop a testing & certification program to meet your needs. You will work with technical experts who will see your project through from start to finish.
We are recognized by the International Plumbing Code (IPC), the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) and by authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ), such as the City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety. Products displaying CSA marks are sold by leading spa, pool and hot tub wholesalers and distributors and are found on the shelves of North America’s leading retail chains.
CSA Group is a leader for energy efficiency and environmental initiatives for the plumbing industry. Manufacturers, retailers and distributors around the world, can look to our global network of offices and laboratories to obtain local testing & certification, verification, as well as product evaluation services.
When your plumbing product displays the WaterSense® mark you have a competitive edge in today’s marketplace. WaterSense®, a partnership program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), promotes water efficiency and water-efficient products. The WaterSense® mark is clearly identifiable by consumers and is visible proof that your product has been independently evaluated and meets the EPA requirements for water efficiency.
CSA Group provides product verification services for a variety of plumbing products to WaterSense® requirements:
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valve
CSA Group understands the importance of meeting your sustainability objectives for plumbing products and their impact on the environment. We provide testing services to a variety of environmental standards:
- Grease interceptor standards
- Drain water heat recovery products
- Reclaimed (gray) water systems
- MaP testing for toilets
Low Lead Requirements
Under the Safe Drinking Water Act, new low lead requirements will take effect on January 1, 2014. All plumbing products sold in the U.S. market must comply with these new low lead standards. When you work with CSA Group, you can have confidence you are working with technical representatives that thoroughly understand these new requirements.
CSA Group will test & certify your plumbing products against the following low lead requirements:
- NSF/ANSI 61-G
Products successfully certified to these requirements will display the CSA mark with the low lead content (LLC) indicator.
Drinking Water Requirements
In North America, all plumbing products that come in contact with water for either human consumption or cooking must meet drinking water or water quality standards. These products include faucets, pipes, drinking water treatment units and water filters. CSA Group provides one-stop testing & certification services for plumbing products throughout our global testing facilities.
Whether you intend to sell your products in the U.S. or Canada, our state-of-the-art ANSI and SCC accredited labs are authorized to test & certify your plumbing products against applicable requirements:
- CSA B137 Series – Thermoplastic pressure piping compendium
- CSA B483.1 – Drinking water treatment systems
- ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1 – Plumbing supply fittings
- NSF/ANSI 14 – Plastics piping system components and related materials
- NSF/ANSI 42 – Drinking water treatment units – Aesthetic effects
- NSF/ANSI 44 – Residential cation exchange water softeners
- NSF/ANSI 53 – Drinking water treatment units – Health effects
- NSF/ANSI 55 – Ultraviolet microbiological water treatment systems
- NSF/ANSI 58 – Reverse osmosis water treatment systems
- NSF/ANSI 60 – Drinking water treatment chemicals – Health effects
- NSF/ANSI 61 – Drinking water system components – Health effects
- NSF/ANSI 62 – Drinking water distillation system
- NSF/ANSI 372 – Drinking water system components – Lead content
- And more