Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly gas. It’s sometimes called the “silent killer” because you can’t see it, taste it or smell it.
Even a small amount of CO can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, irregular breathing, sleepiness and confusion.
- Your home should have a properly installed CO detector.
- If the alarm sounds, GET OUT OF YOUR HOME QUICKLY. Call the fire department from another location and ask them to check your home for carbon monoxide.
- Your parents should check your carbon monoxide detector once a month and change its batteries at least twice a year.